Open positions for the 2018-2019 School Year:
ISM is currently recruiting for the following positions for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Go to tie online to see open positions.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Mr. Marcelo Fernandes (email@example.com) for consideration.
Reasons to Consider Teaching at ISM (benefits listed are for import/ foreign hire teachers):
- ISM has a professionally motivated staff that pulls together to achieve school goals and enjoys spending time together outside of school.
- ISM parents respect and support teachers.
- ISM teachers deliver a rigorous curriculum based on the Common Core standards.
- The Board of Directors is committed to supporting and monitoring ISM achievement of high educational standards to the maximum possible under prevailing circumstances.
- ISM has limited student discipline problems.
- Teachers are able to save more money each year than they would if working in a North American school and many other parts of the world.
- ISM offers an excellent health insurance coverage plan for import teachers.
- Maturin offers unique experiences nearby, including extensive Caribbean, mountains, rivers, jungle, and Venezuelan and South American travel destinations, and a school calendar with extended breaks throughout the school year that facilitates travel. Excellent beaches, mountains, river delta and other weekend destinations are close by.
- Maturin has a nice climate, if you enjoy hot weather.
- Professional fulfillment can be enhanced by institutional support for teacher initiatives. It is often easy to get administration’s support for initiatives because of limited levels of supervisory oversight (one grade-level teacher, one principal, one Head of School).
- Furnished apartments are provided and payment of utilities including gas, water, electricity, internet (as permitted by availability of reliable service) and condominium fees. Cell phone and cable TV hookup is provided by ISM, but ongoing service is paid by the employee.
- Since not many people in Maturin speak English, people who want to learn Spanish can make this a priority.
If you are interested in exploring employment with ISM, please send your current resume and a cover letter to:
Mr. Marcelo Fernandes, Principal(firstname.lastname@example.org).